Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Nice Foundation, Inc. so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Nice Foundation, Inc. is organized exclusively for the purposes within the meaning of Sec.501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and the Wisconsin Nonstock Corporation Law, Chapter 181 of the Wisconsin Statutes, and more particularly formed for purposes:
A. To support and promote comprehensive leadership to underserved areas and populations.
B. To create and sustain leadership incentive programs which help secure qualified individuals capable of building the infrastructure in underserved communities.
C. To collaborate with community organizations to create mentor and intern programs (internally).
D. To develop mentees for workforce and ultimately as leaders within an underserved community.
E. To enhance small business growth and development in underserved areas.
Optional – Mission or purpose statement: NFI is dedicated to promoting community stability (for urban and rural areas) by assisting those who invest in the development of low-income communities.
• Organizational leadership and advisement • Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees • Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures • Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget • Oversight of program planning and evaluation • Personnel evaluation and staff development • Review of organizational and programmatic reports • Promotion of the organization
• Fundraising and outreach *Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Nice Foundation, Inc. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two years, which may be renewed, pending approval of the board.
The Board of Directors meets quarterly the second Friday in January, April, July, and October (via telephone or at 3127 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208). Meetings typically last 5:30 pm-7:00 pm Central Standard Time. Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
Board members are asked to attend no less than two special events and participate in at least 80% of the meetings scheduled per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
• Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events. • Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
• Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the Nice Foundation, Inc. mission, objectives, and programs.
• Help communicate and promote the Nice Foundation, Inc. mission and programs to the community.
• Become familiar with the Nice Foundation, Inc. finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
• Understand the policies and procedures of Nice Foundation, Inc. • Help financially support Nice Foundation, Inc. in a manner commensurate with one’s
personal and professional ability.